Tuesday, May 22, 2007

May 18, 2007










Adam and I were thankful for the opportunity to get out and take Jonathan to Landsford Canal State Park with Julie, David, and Gabe. The day was beautiful - the (rare) water lilies were in full bloom and Jonathan (although he slept majority of the time) seemed to really enjoy being outdoors. I enjoyed watching Gabe (3.5 years old) find joy in making big splashes in the water by throwing rocks... the big kids (Adam and David) also enjoyed throwing rocks in the water to see how many times they could make them skip... I think they may have gotten 3 skips - but they'll definitely blame it on the rocks!


Throughout the whole day, I - being a first time mom - was worried that I shouldn't be taking a 5 week old baby out roaming through the woods. When we got to the dock to look at the lilies, another family was there with an ELEVEN day old baby! I couldn't imagine 11 days post c-section doing any sort of nature walks... it was hard enough to walk to the mailbox! Thankfully, I feel like I had a great recovery and am looking forward to more fun days liket his with my family! I can't wait for Jonathan to enjoy God's creation as much as Adam and I do!






2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Glad to read up on your blog. It was great to see y'all the other week and meet Jonathan. Keep the posts coming... :)

wrightfamily said...

so already another first with baby jonathan. parks are really fun, steven enjoyed the swings.