Thursday, May 17, 2007

Family Update:

Well, I got the blog started and have done nothing else to it. Life has been one adjustment after another but I wouldn't trade one single minute of it. We've had several fun times throughout the past few weeks and Jonathan has been out of the house to visit several different places... mine and Adam's work, Ebenezer ARP homecoming (we didn't make it to church but got there in time for lunch... you know Adam and his food), Granny and Pawpaw's for my FIRST mother's day, Gramma's work, and (most recently) his first ever Red Rose Banquet! We've had a bunch of firsts around here and it's been good for me to actually get out of the house b/c I've really been going stir crazy around here! Adam went back to work this week after being home for the first four weeks of Jonathan's life - this was the last week of school and he'll be moving to the high school next year so there were lots of loose ends to tie up. Next week, he'll be starting to work for a friend's plumbing service for his summer job. After attempting to figure out being a new parent, things drastically changed when Adam went back to work this week... however, each day has been considerably better than the one before - and I'm very thankful to God for the small blessings. For example: today... Jonathan ate for longer stretches and took longer naps and I was able to fold clothes, vacuum and mop the floors, make this addition to update you guys, and pay some bills... now I'm tired! :) So - that being said... the nights are either getting better or I'm just getting used to the sleep deprivation! Actually, we are getting some longer stretches here and there and that's been good for me.
So I know you want to see pictures and since I'm still new at this whole thing, I'm going to make an additional post with some recent pictures of the excitement around this place :) We're looking forward to keeping you all updated with everything going on and hope to be getting back into the swing of things soon! Thank you to everyone for your prayers and support as we learn how to be parents and look forward to letting Jonathan get to know you all!

1 comment:

lilsquirt said...

Great blogging...enjoyed the pictures and thanks for the letter with his picture...it's so very cute! Can't wait to get to see him again and maybe I'll get to hold him next time! :)